SEATTLE, WA — At least one person was killed and seven others injured during a shooting that began with an argument outside a McDonald’s in downtown Seattle Wednesday night, officials said. Police and fire crews rushed to the scene near Westlake Park, just two hours after a shooting involving law enforcement a few blocks away.

Latest: Seattle City Leaders Promise Action After Downtown Violence

Police officers arrived at the corner of 3rd Avenue and Pine Street and began life-saving efforts on the victims around 5 p.m. Seattle Fire Chief Harold Scoggins said 45 firefighters and medics responded to the scene.

In an interview with the Seattle Times, a barista working at a nearby coffee shop described customers ducking for cover as gunshots were heard nearby. He later found two shooting victims outside.

According to Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best, early forensic evidence indicated multiple people exchanged gunfire, and it was not believed to be a random incident. Best said there was no remaining danger to the public. Homicide and gang unit detectives are working to gather more information on potential suspects, but no arrests have been made.

Seattle Fire said one woman, approximately 40 to 50 years old, was dead when medics arrived. Of the seven injured in the shooting, a 9-year-old boy was in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center. A 55-year-old woman was in critical condition and undergoing surgery.

A hospital spokesperson said four other victims, a 21-year-old man, 32-year-old man, 34-year-old man and a 35-year-old man were in satisfactory condtion. A 49-year-old man was treated and released.

SPD shared a link Wednesday night for witnesses to submit photos or videos directly to detectives.

Gov. Jay Inslee released a statement Wednesday night urging those with information to come forward.

The Seattle Department of Transportation asked all travelers to avoid the downtown core Wednesday night, as several roads in the area remained closed. The Seattle Police Department said the scene should be clear by the Thursday morning commute.

Wednesday’s shootings follow the killing of a 55-year-old man at Westlake Center Tuesday evening. A suspect in that case is still on the run. Best said there was no indication the shootings were related.

Click Here: camisetas de futbol baratas

NewSimulationShoes News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *